Dr. Dali YANG
Dr. Dali Yang (杨大利) is currently a professor of Political Science at the University of Chicago, where he focuses primarily on comparative politics and political economy, with a special interest in Chinese politics. He is also the Founding Faculty Director for the UChicago Center in Beijing, and has previously served as the Director of the Center of East Asian Studies at the University of Chicago and the Director for the East Asian Institute at the National University of Singapore. He received his doctorate in Politics at Princeton University. He is also a member of the editorial boards of the American Political Science Review, Journal of Contemporary China, and World Politics.
- Yang, Dali L (Ed.). The Global Recession and China’s Political Economy. New York: Palgrave Macmillan, 2012.
- Yang, Dali L and Litao Zhao. China’s Reforms at 30: Challenges and Prospects. Singapore; Hackensack, NJ: World Scientific Publishing Co., 2009.
- Yang, Dali L. Discontented Miracle: Growth, Conflict, and Institutional Adaptations in China. Singapore; Hackensack, NJ: World Scientific Publishing Co., 2007.
- Yang, Dali L. Remaking the Chinese Leviathan: Market Transition and the Politics of Governance in China. Stanford, CA: Stanford University Press, 2004.
- Dali Yang, Huayu Xu, Ran Tao, “A Tragedy of the Nomenklatura? Career Incentives, Political Loyalty, and Political Radicalism during China’s Great Leap Forward.” Journal of Contemporary China, first published online March 21, 2014, DOI: 10.1080/13603116.2014.882560
- Ran Tao, Dali Yang, Ming Li and Xi Lu, “How Does Political Trust Affect Social Trust? An Analysis of Survey Data from Rural China Using an Instrumental Variables Approach,” International Political Science Review, vol. 35 no. 2 (March 2014), 237-253.
- Xin Sun, Travis J. Warner, Dali L. Yang and Mingxing Liu, “Patterns of Authority and Governance in Rural China: Who’s In Charge? And Why?” Journal of Contemporary China, Vol. 22, No 83 (September 2013), pp. 1-22.
- Dali Yang, “The Central-Local Relations Dimension,” Implementing Health Care Reform Policies in China: Challenges and Opportunities, eds. Charles W. Freeman III and Xiaoqing Lu Boynton, Washington, D.C.: Center for Strategic & International Studies, December 2011, pp. 21-28.